Published May 23, 2019Pop-punk trio Blink-182 recently blasted out their new hit single "Blame It on My Youth," which is yet another tune without founding member Tom DeLonge. Of course, the man currently busy with alien-hunting and Angels & Airwaves had positive things to say about the song, and now he's doubling down on his plans to return to Blink-182.
In a new interview with San Diego radio station 91X, DeLonge said he has talked to both Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker about rejoining the band. He added that both members are totally on board with the idea.
"For me, it's funny. When I was starting all this stuff, and working with people in the government, I couldn't tell those guys," DeLonge said. "So they didn't know, and that's one of the reasons that they got so upset I think. They were, like, wanting to go and record and I was just like, '…Not right now. I'm doing something.' This was when the whole meltdown happened, like 'Tom quit!'"
Adding to the good vibes he had spread by praising Blink's new single, DeLonge said, "There's creative differences in what I do, and what my brothers in Blink do.... We like different things, and we like different music — but we're still good friends and we still support each other."
Referring to a recent Kerrang! interview where DeLonge discussed his plans to return, he added,"It hit the press last week I think that yes, everybody, I will play with Blink again. That's the whole plan. I talk to Travis all the time, and I talked to Mark just the other day and we're always discussing what makes sense and when."
Watch Tom DeLonge's full interview with 91X below. In the lengthy talk, he also touches on Angels & Airwaves and his work with To the Stars.